164 automatic transmission

Hi all,
	I just purchased a 91 164L with 90K mi. I drained the automatic
transmission fluid as described in the owner manual except during the
draining engine is not running. I put in approximately 4.5 quart of correct
transmission fluid, ran the car to warm up the differential, and checked
and filled up the level while the engine is idling. Then, I ran the car
this morning on the freeway at 80 mph, the car hesitated as if the
transmission is slipping while the engine rpm stayed constant for about 10
miles and then it went away. I wonder if anyone can explain this.

Thanks
Joseph Chuang
91 164L
86 GTV6