: Re: Spider drivetrain shutters when slowing to stop

Actually I have had this problem on my 85 Spider before.  The rear
differential is the problem.  I remember it was like a whumping was occuring
just aft of my butt.

The cost was ugly and I had to replace most of the differential, very bad
fix.  All I can say is drop the differential, crack the case and look at the
gearing.  I give good odds that you have water in the differential and that
the gears are gone.

Jon Rowland
Client Services Analyst
A+ Certified