105 Clutch Master...hmmmm....

While it is nice to marvel at the advanced desuign and engineering that
went into older Alfa's, sometimes you come across things that leave you
scratching your head.....Today I disassembled the clutch master cylinder
on my 105 GTV 2000 resto project to prepare it for resleeving in
stainless. The cylinder is the underfloor type as on RHD 2000's,
manufactured by Benditalia, and supposedly with a 3/4in bore (stamped on
the cylinder body). I say supposedly, as on inspecting the bore and
thinking "hmmm, it looks rather small to be 3/4", and subsequently
measuring the bore, I found that it was actually 11/16. In other words,
Bendix has seemingly made a huge mistake and manufactured a 3/4 cylinder
with only an 11/16 bore! Anyone else come across this? Was this just a
case of poor quality control on the part of Benditalia, or is something
more sinister involved? Anyway, no big deal, I am boring out the
cylinder to 3/4 and fitting a new piston, I just thought I would share
this strange discovery with others on the digest.

Happy motoring,

Sasha Nackovski- Whittlesea, Victoria, Australia.