Help with fried Spider ECU

Can anyone help out a net-impared friend:

Hi Bob,

I fried my '87 spider yesterday.. long story, but basically while running
around and doing 20 things at once, while trying to start it, I managed to
reverse the polarity on the jumper cables.
total idiot!   The battery was very low, too low to complain and to fight the
jumpstart batery.
I turned the ignition on too...
Now I am pretty sure there's no spark, no efi signal.  I am hoping that there
may be something protecting either one or both boxes, didn't see anything on
the diagram that looks like it tho'.

Can you post the above to the list, please, maybe somebody else admits to
doing the same thing, and will tell me their experience...
What do you think would fry ?   Also, maybe somebody has a schematic of the
L-Jet box and the ignition box..?  Also I seem to remember somebody posting
fome ECU's for sale recently.. still there?
Thx all, thx Bob.
Jan the moron.

Send replies to ben@domain.elided