new S: second report/S questions

after a healthy breaking in through the green mountains of vermont, the
berkshires of massachusetts and northern connecticut, and at the request
of a few of you, i'm here to report that all's well with the new S.
after two days alone with her (well, not really alone: my girlfriend was
copilot) i feel very comfortable with the handling.  i have to say that
the power difference and stiffer shocks of the S when compared to the L
make a big difference.  the car feels reasonably light and very well
balanced.  for its size it is very agile (when in sport mode).  i've also
noticed the steering is very light when compared with my L.  this may be
due to a replacement rack installed last year on the L, but not
completely i'm guessing.  the result on the S is what appears to be a bit
of oversteer.  does anyone agree/disagree?

i love the shocks in sport mode and usually just leave them there.  i'll
ask again for suggestions on whether i should enable both periodically or
leave them in one mode to prolong there lives.  it seems like the auto
mode is very soft.  softer than the L?  it feels it, and really not much
need for it until i'm toting my 86-yr-old grandmother around.

the car got her first rock chip, and this leads me to ask anyone where i
can get the proper touch-up paint for a black S; is there some generic
brand out there that is the same?

as you all know the car has a rear spoiler.  i really don't care for it,
though from certain angles (e.g.-the rear) it looks better than from
others.  how functional is this spoiler?  will i be compromising anything
(aside from appearance for you spoiler freaks out there) if i remove it?
in deference to anthony with his red S in florida, i have to say that i
know agree that pininfarina's intentions were for the muscularity and
visual weight supplied by the side and rear skirts.  with the S and L
side by side the S really does look better.

i can't say i care for the "sausage cutter" (as a good friend of mine
refers to them) wheels much, though.
      ascher@domain.elided