High Milage Milano problems

Hello everyone. Well, the Verde took a turn for the worse last night. But
before that, I have a question about paint.

My father is looking to have his 67 GTV painted, and is trying to find a
good shop to do the job. We live the SF Bay Area. I told him about Andy
Shank, but I was curious what experiences people have had with him, or any
local shops. He wants to paint the car red, though I really like the grey he
has on it now, he wants to go back to a more traditional paint job. Either
way, it needs it bad, since it was painted about 12 or 13 years ago...I am
surprised its lasted this long. I think its pretty much going to be a grand
restoration, because he wants to rebuild the engine now that its going to be
painted all nice, and he's redoing the interior also. Its been in the works
for years now, but we finally have a garage now. Anyway, and advice would be
greatly appreciated. Now my problem:

My Verde ran into trouble last night. I was doing turning around on the
street last night, put the car into reverse, and backed up, then put it into
1st to go forward, and there was a weird shuddering all of the sudden. It
hadn't been shuddering up till right then, and I had just gotten off the
freeway. I parked the car, and didn't think much of it, because the street
was pretty wet, and covered with leaves, so I thought the tires might have
slipped on them.

I later got into the car, to go home, and it started with a weird shudder
now. So now I realized something was wrong. It feels like the driveline, but
I had the donuts replaced last March of 98....so that's not long ago. Then I
thought maybe something was up with the clutch...but that was done just last
June. I suppose it would be either, but I don't know what else to look at. I
haven't gotten under the car yet, I wanted to wait till this afternoon.

On the way home, it would shudder really bad, under acceleration, but once i
got it up to a steady pace, it wasn't really shuddering at all...until I
pressed the gas, then it would come back. Any ideas? What happens when a
motor mount goes bad? I haven't checked those in a long time. Thanks, Ted