Brakes and new Alfa owners

>The consensus appears to be to stay with stock rotors and calipers,
>appropriately updated, there was a preference for better than stock pads,
>braidad steel, and dot 4 fluid.  I guess I will not be buying the TAR.OX
>after all.

I thought I'd put my 1000 Lire in (who's gonna stop me?).

We always see new track-nascent Alfa owners itching to open their wallets on
their new beauties, and certainly nothing is wrong with that.  I just want
to remind folks that a great place to put that money is in yourself!!
Investing in driver's schools is perhaps the greatest bang for the buck, and
you will be a smarter, faster, safer, and smoother driver as a result.  The
experience lasts far longer than even the best brake pads. ;)

Several local Alfa clubs offer their own driver's schools, which are usually
far cheaper than the national brands.  The NWARC only charged $70 for their
last one, with women and teenagers half-price!

For that matter, Alfa clubs that don't offer such services, but do host
track days, should consider putting on a driver's school.  It's a great way
to get new membership, and they're rewarding to do.

Regards,

Steve S.
NWARC
Seattle, WA