RE: Speedometer off by 5 mph?

> Is it possible for the Speedo on my '93 Spider to be off by 5 MPH at all
> speeds? That's what I've measured, but it doesn't make sense.... if the
> tires size is wrong, I would expect a ratio, not a constant measurement.
>
> It reads 5 mph low, by the way...

it's possible if the needle was removed and not put on correctly.  when you
remove the speedo needle for any reason, you must put it back in the '0'
position.  this is difficult to do on most cars because there is a limiter
that prevents the speedo from reading less than 5 or 10 mph.  therefore, you
must compensate by turning the post a little bit to rotate it past the
restrictor, then place the needle on it so that hypothetically, if the
speedo didn't have the restrictor, the needle would point to 0 with the car
at rest.

sounds like somebody overcompensated on yours.

fwiw,

bs