Contour SVT

This isn't an exact answer, but it may help you somewhat.

I took delivery about six weeks ago of a '99 Mercury Mystique V6 with a
five-speed, leather, moonroof, et al. It's totally loaded and, at 0-60
in 7.4 seconds, not slow. The car is very close to an SVT in everything
that counts, is solid, makes marvelous noises, and handles beautifully.
Best of all, as a Mercury (!), it's invisible to the police and my
insurer. I'm paying less to insure it than I am my '90 Honda CRX-Si.

You could do a lot worse for under $20K.

Bob Kleinfeldt