164 electric mirrors

The switch will just pull out, but if yours is a little tight you only need
remove the small panel it is on. Easy.

The switch can be fixed. BE GENTAL WITH IT.  It comes apart reasonably
easily. The normal fault is that the lubricant has gone hard and coated the
copper contacts. Clean it out with white spirits etc then lubricate with
switch lube.

Putting it back together is a bit of a challenge, I put a little Vaseline in
mine to hold the pin in place while I pushed it back together. It has been
going 2 years now with no problems.

Matthew Dooher
1989 164 A
Dunedin, New Zealand