Here I am...

Well, I just joined the list and I thought it would be interesting
to drop coupla lines to tell who I am.
First, lemme say thank you to Shiv Sikand that, finally, made me
finding this list.
Ok. I'm italian, I live in Italy, I'm 26 and I own a '87 Alfa 75 1800
Turbo, 160hp, air cond., Koni lower suspensions/springs, 15" magnesium
rims 205 wide tires (Avon).  Momo smaller steering wheel and soon to
be installed reduced ratio steering box (I hate moving the hands around,
and got strong enough arms to work on it w/o power steering :-)
In my family we own another 75 1600, and in the past we had a Giulia 2000.

I'm mainly a motorcycle rider, so cars (that I lovely call "cages") are
just a second passion.  But still a great one.  And There are no
cages out there making me enjoying driving, but the Alfas and especially
the 75.  Being a motorcycle addicted I must find some great sensation
to accept being stuck inside a car, and only Alfas have the character
to "shake my ormons" enough to love 'em a lot.  Ofcourse, MY car needs to
be rear wheel drive one to excite me, so I'm faithful to old alfa's projects.
Ok, I do still love newer one (that damn 146, with 4 cool rims
and so low suspenstion that an ant wouldn't step under w/o smashing its
head, would look pretty wonderful!!!), but I'm addicted to the older
ladies, with all their troubles... what the hell... if they would be
perfect they would sound Boring and they woudln't deserve my love! :-)

Ok, enough ramblings... let's keep on seriusly.  My passion for Alfa 75
began in 94 when, after a Simca Horizon (1st cage) and a Lancia Prisma 1600
I sat inside that 75 1600cc double carb.  Oh how much I loved that car!!
I bought it with 135,000km on the clocks (but I BET the were more, damn
dealer!!) ... and it said STOP last May, with a mega smoke cloud out
the pipe, worth a picture I think.  261,364km on the clock at the end,
abused as a commuter car, driven in all contitions, weather,
temperature, places.
>From sea to mountains, from lakes to country.  Mostly at high speed.
She (lemme use this) gave me many and many satisfations, and never
betrayed me. Oh, sure... the sum of the mechanic bills is surely higher
than the price I paid it, but she always took me back home.
I loved her so much that when she stopped for the last time I just was sure
I needed another one.  My life, meanwhile, changed a bit, so that I didn't and
don't need a long distance commuter vehicle anymore, and I can face the daily
house-office travel with a moped (I hate being stuck in traffic...
no more car commuting for me, thanx!).  This way I wanted to make
my desire come true, get the very only 75 I've always desired, caring
less than nothing about gas mileage or reliability, since it will be used
for my own pleasure only, for free time, for fun (as the motorcycle).
After a long search, after finding many, but in some "not worth to buy"
conditions, I had the luck to put my eyes over this beauty, kept
maniacally by another alfa lover (who sold a brand new 164 V6 to get
this one that was much older!!!).  Due to family increasing (childrens,
dogs and things like I don't mind ! HA!) he had to sell it due
to lack of use (he got a Fiat Multipla)... and he made me a price that
was really really good.  He even gave me TONS of optionals, original
parts, the aftermarket performance ones installed, ... all recipes of all
maintenance, magazine with the tests of the car... A lot of things!
A great deal.... if you consider it has 98,000km on the clocks... made
in 13 years of life.
I've been lucky, isn't it ?

Actually it's been one week I have it (was since may I didn't own any car)
and I'm already in love.
She is deadly fast, brutally powerful, definitely Alfa and very black! :-)

Enough for now... I think I will find this list pretty interesting...

Luca

nodoubt,
937 landpilot
            "A lifetime isn't enough"
937RS2, AR75 1.8 Turbo, RM250, Benelli 500/Quattro
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/6818/