Leaky Milano steering rack

Hi All !

In AD 1167 Matt Danning wrote:

My in-town mileage for my recently acquired Milano is 10mpg.  I can't =
help feeling that it should be better.  Any ideas?  Also, I'm losing =
power steering fluid at a pretty good clip.  A previous digester used =
some sort of stop leak to stem the flow for a while.  Any =
recommendations?  And, what is the advisability of running "manual" =
steering by removing/rerouting the power steering belt?  Finally, does =
anyone know if a GTV6 steering rack is abolt-in replacement for the =
power steering rack?  Thanks in advance.

I replaced a left side boot that was torn and then used Lucas brand stop =
leak, purchased at NAPA Auto Parts.  The stuff is REALLY thick but it =
pretty much stopped most of the leaking.  Shall I take bets on how long =
this "fix" will last ?

On another note I finally pulled the motor/trans out of the duetto.  Am =
currently putting in the chassis stiffener ( nice job Dave Sisson ) and =
then after some trim removal and cleanup it's going to the paint shop ( =
yeah ! ).  Hopefully it'll be done in time for Monterey next summer.

Ciao,

Dan
Dawn and Dan Walker
Make money surfing the web!  Join now at =
http://www.alladvantage.com/home.asp?refid=3DCHQ961 and please use our =
membership ID (CHQ961) when asked if you were referred by someone.=20