Milano stuck in 4th...solved

  A couple weeks ago I posted that my Milano was stuck
in 4th after having pulled it to seal leaks that had
developed.  Pushing in the clutch had done nothing to
disengage the driveline and I was baffled since I was
driving the car just two weeks earlier.  I solved the
problem and feel like an idiot.
  I pulled the trans again and checked for any obvious
damage inside, then took it to my local "will exchange
free advice for beer" transmission shop.  He looked at
it and found everything to be moving around fine.  I
put it back together and still it would grind when
trying to engage any gear.  I remarked to a friend
helping me that this was the same problem I had with
my '86 Spider that had sat for over a year and the
clutch was stuck together.  So, I figured what the
hell, pushed the car into the street, put it in first
and started it, and drove off holding the clutch pedal
to the floor.  Within 100 feet of driving the clutch
broke free and all was well.
  The clutch was new in Nov. '97 and has less than 10k
on it.  How it got stuck from sitting for 2 weeks is
beyond me, but I guess the moral of the story is that
the obvious solution is not always the right one, and
the right solution is not always obvious.
Minus 1 point for me.
Thanks
Bryan Carter
No. Va.