Back in the Saddle...

After a grueling 5 month hospital stay, my '91 164L is back on the street.
I picked it up Saturday, and WOW!!!, what a car!  I had almost forgotten
how great of a car it was.  It blew a head gasket, and on closer
examination, a total engine rebuild resulted.  I did go with higher
compression pistons and angle cut valve seats.  In addition, the spare
automatic tranny that I had been hoarding was mated up to the engine, and
now shifting is great!

I would like to thank all of those involved who helped me through this
process.  Getting parts was often an adventure, and IAP, Centerline, and
DiFatta Brothers all performed admirably, often overnighting parts to the
machine shop.  I would also like to thank the digesters who responded to my
inquiries and got to me the pistons and an oil pump, both at very
reasonable cost.

The digest continues to be an irreplaceable source of information for those
of us trying to keep these beasts on the road.

David Nolen

'91 164L
'74 Spider
'79 Alfetta GTV