164 tire wear Part 27- shame on me

> The bushes that seem to wear most are the rear ones, which tend to wear so
> that the inside "hole" goes oval. The front ones can also deteriorate and
> that usually looks obvious as rubber deterioration. The rear ones are easy
> to replace and the front ones much less so. Alfa Bill is the resident expert
> on lower control arm bushes and the easiest source for "superflex"
> polyurethane bushes - which will be the cheapest and arguably best solution.

I was assuming in my previous posts that all front end parts were in
good repair. Doug is correct. Out of fairness, when I replaced my a-arm
bushes, it was more for experiementation than need, but since it has
been 30k + since the last alignment... I guess they work... Wink.

A-arms in poor condition will move around under pressure. The PU bushes
do make things very nice up front.

- --
AlfaBill http://mastroalfa.com/parts.htm
Mastro Alfa Romeo / Subaru Inc. 800.683.ALFA
Home of SuperPro Polyurethane bushings and Magnecor Wires
Alfa Digest photo page: http://mastroalfa.com/digest.htm
Tampa Florida USA