1750/2000

well, last night cisco took over borders books, and my wife, who despises
anything to do with cars, actually bought me a book because it had an alfa
in it (perhaps there's hope for this marriage yet!).  the book is "the world
encyclopedia of cars", by martin buckley and chris rees, and it contains the
definitive answer as to which is better, the 1750 or the 2000.

i quote:

"Experts rate the 1750 highest for its combination of sweetness and
refinement, while even the 1600 offers lusty acceleration, and the two-litre
offers the most torque."

so there you have it.  end of story.  no need for further discussion.

bs