Infrared infradig RF I t'ink

  This is not remotely possible. Although infrared may be invisible it
doesn't pass through your pocket so far as I know, nor does it bounce
particularly well off concrete. Radio waves will do both. The range of my
164 remote is significantly greater within the confines of an underground
parking garage, or even an above ground enclosed garage. Abundant microwave
towers will confuse it, and certain types of anti shoplifting devices will
trigger the "unlock" and "disarm" functions!!! I am no electronics wizard
but methinks it must be a miniature radio not a miniature infrared device.
Michael Smith
Calgary, Alberta
Canada
91 Alfa 164L, White, original owner