Re:Giulia Coupes, and GTVs, GTAs .. the Best Bits

Thanks to all who commented on my reply to Joe Garcia.
Just a couple of points :  the GTA head won't fit the 2000 as is, but can
be made to fit with machining. My comments were about straight swaps
without extensive modifications. As for the extensive fitting of
lightweight body parts, great for those interested in out and out
performance and handling but the car won't look any different except when
we add on flares - why would anyone want to do this to a road car? Do agree
that sliding block etc are nice, and let's not forget the alloy trunnion
option for those not wanting to spend megabucks. Wheels - very much a
matter of taste. As for the rest - my preferences expressed in the posting.

Spica? no thanks, not here in New Zealand - they have been junked by the
dozen over here I guess because no one wants to struggle with getting them
running right. This is a land of do-it-yourselfers and if I can't make the
unit perform right, I don't want it. My only "experience" though, is
through reading Joe Benson's articles issue after issue in the Alfa Owner
in the ?70's and wondering why people would put up with such a troublesome
system judging by all the letters and comments, especially  when a switch
to carbs would cure the problems. None of the Euro spec GTVs that I know of
had Spica. Wonder why?! Since then I have heard from others as well as
Chris Prael that Wes Ingram works wonders - but again this is a modified
unit and not a standard one, or have I got it wrong?

This is a great topic!

Les feeling like a drowned rat in Wellington, New Zealand - but ... the GTV
slices through the traffic aquaplaning and all!