105 Oil Pan Replacement

Hi,

After an unasked for, unwanted, unavoidable encounter with an upturned chunk
of concrete in the roadway, I am replacing the lower oil pan on my 1750 that
cracked at one of the front bolts. I carefully scraped off the old gasket;
now the surfaces look & feel smooth and clean. The new dark gray gasket looks
like a good fit.

Anybody have any tips for this job? Gasket sealer or no? Torque sequence?

Also, the oil pan guard took a beating. Anybody successfully force one of
these back into shape? Banging on it with a large hammer did nothing; it
acted like it was spring steel.

- --Caxambu
1969 1750 Spider
Seattle WA