Wicked Wheels and 164 ride hight

Greetings Alfisti,

Two questions.

When at the tyre shop today, I came across a flyer for a UK franchise outfit
called 'Wicked Wheels'. These people perform alloy wheel refurb, on a mobile
'we come to you' basis. The guy selling the tyres said that they were pretty
good, one advantage being that they can do the job without removing the tyre
from the rim. Apparently they use a Merc van kitted out with state of the
art shot blasting and ultra violet drying cabinets. So the question is, has
anybody used this service, and if so, would they recommend it?

Next question.

Can anyone tell me what the stock measurement from rtear wheel centre to top
of arch is, on a 1995 164 Cloverleaf or similar? Mine reads 40cm / 16inches
approx, with stock 205/55/16 Michelin Pilot tyres. The reason I ask is that
the wheel doesn't seem to fill the arch, compared with the front anyway, and
just looks a bit odd to me. I am investigating whether the front has been
lowered, as I have a bill from a previous owner who had 'uprated lower front
wishbones' fitted by Autodelta in London. I'm still waiting to hear from
them what exactly is different about these wishbones.

The car is also fitted with a Forza DTM (German Touring Car) rear box, with
very large diameter twin tail pipes. It really enhances the low rev growl,
but doesn't increase the overall noise at normal speeds. Not cheap, but
looks and sounds very classy.

Thanks for any help,

Ciao,

Ian