Radio codes

When I bought my  Verde in 1987, the radio was in the "I've been stolen" mode
and the dealer had lost the code.  After waiting and waiting for Alfa to supply
it, I sat down in the driver's seat and punched in 0000, 0001, 0002, etc.,
resetting between each wrong code, until I found the right one. There aren't
really that many combinations between 0000 and 6666 so it didn't take all that
long.  I should, however, have started at 6666 and worked down.  I'd have been
done in about 3 minutes.

Mike in Houston