Re: Widsheild and gasket on 74 GTV

    >> I heard somewhere that if you get an earlier windshield gasket
    >> for the 74 GTV, the rubber kind instead of the metal kind, you
    >> also have to get the earlier windshield too. Is this true?  Are
    >> they different?

    bs> yup.  you also need the windshield trim.

    bs> the gasket is the easy part, they're readily available from
    bs> suppliers.  the glass and trim are the hard parts..

Actually, the gasket *and* windshield are easy.  Just last week I took
delivery on both of these items from Centerline (no personal
commercial interest/no implied endorsement/etc., but they do have a
great catalog!).  Uh, and now I'd love to find the trim for a <= '69
GTV.  Matt @ ReOriginals says that he can get the trim, eventually (no
personal commercial interest/no implied endorsement/etc.).  But if
anyone out there has the extra trim bits laying around that they don't
need, let me know!

Marc Alley
Palo Alto