Re: Left is right from where?

>     Silly question and maybe an inability to figure out things like this is
> one reason why I do not own a 164.  If the engine is transverse, which side
> is the left mount?  Should not this be front or rear?  Or do you turn the
> engine around the way it should be in order to determine left from right?
>     Thanks for your support.

It's my understanding that left and right are determined from sitting in
the car.  Thus the driver side is the left (in Left side drive countries)
and the passenger is the right.

I got this from my experience with planes.  I assumed it was standard with
cars also.

So, even if the engine doesn't have much of a right or left side in a 164,
the cars itself does.

Lawrence Hegarty   1991 164S
Montreal, Quebec   1986 Spider (in bed for the winter)