'69 Spider Muffler Bracket Bushings

I want to replace the two round rubber bushings on the bracket which
holds up the front muffler on my '69 Spider.  They have metal
housings, and the metal housings are apparently pressed into the
bracket.  Does anyone know the best way to remove/insert the bushings
from/to the bracket?  Can the bracket be put in a vice and the metal
housings be whacked with a drift pin, or is there a better way (e.g.,
heating the bracket)?  Thanks for any help you can offer.

Doug Sondak                Boston University
email: sondak@domain.elided       Office of Information Technology
phone: (617)353-8273       111 Cummington Street
fax  : (617)353-6260       Boston, MA 02215