Yokohama Tires for Milano

It's about that time again... the Pirelli PZero's (195/50/15ZR)  on my
Milano are getting bald. They have lasted about 14,500mi. (not too bad
considering they have a tread wear of 140). I autocross at the local
Stadium, and plan to start time trialing at Willow Springs, Holtville
(this sunday actually), and Laguna Seca with the LA Alfa club, and the
car is my daily driver.
Here's my question:

I want a tire in a 205/50/15 size that will handle comparably to the
PZero Asymmetrico, last just as long if not longer than the PZeros, and
cost less (the 205/50/15ZR PZeros are $113/tire). A couple of people
have pointed me toward the Yokohama AVS Intermediate- 205/50/15ZR is
$77/tire with a tread wear of 160. Has anyone had any experience with
these tires or have any other suggestions? Thank you in advance!

     -Chip
  89 Milano
San Diego, CA