Erratic gas gage and gas tank baffles

A few digests back, someone mentioned that early Alfa gas tanks
do not have baffles and so the sloshing of the gas produces erratic
gas gage readings. I know my '67 Duetto's gage is much less stable
than my '78 Spider's gage. But my impression is that neither the 60s,
70s, or 80s Spider gas tanks have baffles. Is this correct?

As to dampening the motion of the Duetto's swaying gas gage,
someone once suggested turning the sending unit 90 degrees.
Anyone tried this? (The reasoning here is that since the tank is
rectangular,  "cross-sloshing" may be smaller.)

I always thought it might be worthwhile to install an RC circuit with a
long time constant and see if this helps. Anyone think this would work?

TIA,

Rich Hirsch
St Louis, MO USA