Re: dash-mounted toggle switch in '67 GTV

Sid Gage wrote:

> Our '67 GTV ("the one we've got") does use the third
> dash-mounted toggle switch for the panel lights.

My '67 GTV also a toggle switch to control dash lights.

> Curiously there is also a toggle switch mounted horizontally
> on the heater control module attached below the dash,
> and it operates the four-way flashers. Does anyone know
> whether this was a standard item on a US-spec '67 car?

My '67 US spec Duetto has this switch too, so I assume it was
US only. One odd "feature" of my switch is that if it's set
incorrectly (to the left), the directionals don't work!
I once spent a couple of hours troubleshooting the directional
circuit before I found out the switch to which Sid refers was =

in the wrong position.

> There is also a very nice chrome Bosch map light under the
> dash, which turns on and off when its rotating-sleeve cover
> is opened and closed. Original??

My '67 GTV has this also, though I could't verify that it's made
by Bosch, since the car is apart and the map light is currently
misplaced.

Rich Hirsch
St Louis, MO USA