Re: "Stainless Steel Brake Co." vs "White Post"

     George Loeb asked about whether any of us had a thought about Stainless
Steel Brake Co. or White Post Restoration for brake rebuiding. Our personal
experience has been with White Post Restorations in Va. for restoring Alfa
and other Italian car brake and clutch hydraulics. Billy at White post was
kind enough to explain (for 15 minutes) why brass sleeving is so much
superior to stainless steel sleeving. White Post Restorations does both
techniques, because the clients request it. However the bottom line is brass
will outlast the stainless steel. They offer a lifetime warrantee if they do
the entire rebuild. Now if Stainless Steel Brake Co. also  perform their
rebuilds with either brass OR stainless, the qualities are going to be more
or less the same. Both are well-known, experienced Companies that stand
behind their products. There are lots of new master cylinders and wheel
cylinders to be had out there.  A better unit is a rebuilt one if done in
brass by an experienced builder. We win and George can't make a mistake if he
asks for brass.
     Re-Originals      O.E.M......all over again

End of alfa-digest V7 #1142