Generation gap

In AD7-1141 John Katos, quoting proline@domain.elided's

<< Just clarifying and correcting.....

 Happy Holidays to all

 Grinch   >>

added "If you please, make it more than the rare "clarifying and correcting",
as your insight and knowledge are missed."

Second the thought.

As far as I can tell Dr. Tenney's last post to the digest was the one which
had ended in a similar vein with "Holiday Best Wishes to all and to all a
Good Night." It was November 27, 1997, on limited slip differentials. I hope
we will not have to wait for November, 2001 for the next episode. I will
grant that the Grinch's bedside manner may have seemed a tad acerbic at times
to some of the younger generations, and I understand why some of their
reactions riled him, but for those (like Katos) who look beyond the surface
his too-rare contributions will be understood and appreciated, whenever the
mood strikes him. May it do so a bit more often.

Cheers -

John H.