Milano Trunk Access Hole

                                          11:25 AM            11/4/99

Dana Loomis wrote:

>Actually, there is a hole there already, which the factory seems to have =
provided just for this purpose. I only found this out after both cables =
on my Verde broke at the same time.

_______________________

Actually, I have seen several examples of Milanos with and without this =
hole. My '87 and '89 both have the hole, but I was showing a friend with =
an '88 Verde how to find the hole if he ever needed it and it was not =
there at all - there was a tiny plastic rod cast into the part at the =
exact spot the hole should have been.  The '87 that I parted last year =
had a hole, but it was obviously owner installed!

Since it is such a simple mod to make, everyone should go out and check - =
if not there drill away.

BTW, 2 years ago I heard of a local Milano owner who had both cables =
break and had his golf clubs locked in the trunk of his car. He had =
become the laughing stock of the office and had been without his clubs =
for about a year,after trying several unsucessful solutions. I called him =
up and had him come over to my office at lunch. He was reluctant as he =
thought he had tried everything. He showed up, along with 2 car loads of =
his co-workers, one of which brought a video camera. I think they were =
dissapointed that it took me 2 minutes with a screwdriver to get this =
thing open - they wanted to see some destruction!

Joe Cabibbo
FORZA Modern Media <www.forza-mm.com>
'89 Milano (with hole), '87 Milano (barbecued, with hole)