Re: Spider noise- '88 Spider?

My Spider ('82 powertrain, '86 header/catcon downpipe) was making a
similar metal on metal buzzing/rasping noise at high rpm. Turned out to be
the thin metal heat shielding on the downpipe had broken its welds and was
buzzing quite a bit at high rpm. I had it removed, it had been broken and
welded at least twice before. There seem to be no negative effects from
not having it there, and the noise is gone.

Godfrey