RE: GTV^ wiring

Tim
sounds like you should dial 9331 in your cell phone to turn the ignition
off.  Then to turn on, just dial your Cell phone number from your home, and
after the second ring the car will start.  Good way to remote start the car
in winter.  Don't forget to leave the hand brake secure. :))
Here's a good one. . .

I just connected the cigarette lighter wiring on my '86 GTV6 so I could
plug a cell phone charger into it.

The cigarette lighter had 3 wires connected to it- one for power to the
bottom of  the lighter socket, one a ground to the side of the socket,
and the third to a small light that illuminates a little green ring at
the top.

There were only two wires available to attach, however, a hot and a
ground, so I left the light unwired.

Everything seemed to be working fine, until. . . last night with the
headlights on and I turned the ignition key off and the car kept
running! Turning the headlights off shut off the engine. Also removing
the charger adapter from the cigarette lighter turned off  the engine.
The car seemed to work properly without the charger adapter installed.

What the. . . !!??!!

Tim Carrico