Re: alfa-digest V7 #1132

In a message dated 11/02/1999 10:13:51 AM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< here's the weird part... if I rev the engine above say 4000 rpm, the light
 goes out.  If I let it idle, it goes back on, even though the indicated
 temperature is normal and the fan has not come on. >>

Sounds electrical to me.  Certainly clean up the contacts, also check your
voltage.  Fred will kill me for saying this, but have you noticed your
windows operating more slowly than usual?  Weird things start to creep in as
the voltage drops to the low-possible (~12 v) level.  Eventually, you don't
have enough to excite the computer and you are dead in the water.

Or maybe it's strega.

Charlie, AROSC
LA, CA, USA

84 GTV6