164LS Gas Smell

Karl Chen wrote: "Did anyone have gas smell problem in the trunk and
interior of the car after it has been parked for a short period.  How did
you solve it ?"
I don't know if the 95 164LS and the 92 164S use the same part, but here's
my experience- I had a strong gas smell coming from the trunk and seeping
into the passenger compartment through the ski pass-through door. I found
the gasket around the fuel pump access panel in the trunk floor had
disintegrated, and was letting gas seep out slowly. After replacing the
seal, the smell went away.

Rich Lasner
92 164S
AROC