Eddie I and tie-breaker

I'm sure loads will reply to this but the tie-breaker is the number
of race wins so Mika gets it anyway.
The romantic view was for Eddie to win but at risk of being controversial
 I feel he would have won via a series of let-bys and tactics rather than on
 outright speed and skill as a driver. Interestingly earlier in the year he let Schuie
 through for an  extra point and if he hadnt done that then Schuie
would have let him through yesterday and Irvine would have won by 1 point.
 I think that Ferrari winning the constructors was a fair result but more of a
reflection of poor form by Coulthard than the lack of  dominance of
McLaren. Anyway in the long run I think the better driver won the
championship in the classic way, from the front by winning the race. I
rate Irvine as a good driver but just behind the premier league drivers.
Good to see Jordan coming third as well, a properly managed team who
work hard for each other.
Mike Salter.