re: S uspension & NWARC Driver's school

Gordy wrote:

"My first extended drive/ride in any iteration of the 164 was the 5500 miles
round trip to KC this summer in a 164S.  I found that I could predict when
our speed was approaching triple digits as I saw the right hand of piloto
Zach Cox punch the "sport" suspension setting on the dash.  The car seemed
to "settle down" and the ride was firmer.  I don't think I noticed much
difference at lower speeds.  Seemed like we were travelling in "sport" a
substantial amount of the time.   #8^)  "

So that's why we always had so much time to burn at each stop!  "Nice
horse".  ;-)  Comment about the 164 by a local Native north of Moab while
enjoying ice cream.

To all who attended the NWARC, what a great day at the track!  Mother Nature
was on our side (it didn't rain!!!) although temperatures where pretty cool.
The hot soup was a welcome addition to the always tasty lunch sandwiches.  I
can only remember two off road excursions, one person deciding once was not
enough.  She took our heckling quite well ;-)

Alan, thank you very much for loaning me your Spider for a lap!  I'm sorry
for pulling the donut, really!  I guess the 164 has got me used to FWD :-0
I owe ya once I get a new clutch.

Later,
Zach
Redmond, WA