alt. light flicker solved

Thanks to Graham H from NZ, "THE" Fred from Florida,
and others for assistance with troubleshooting the
flickering alternator light in my GTV6.
First of all, I put a new 9 volt battery in my
multimeter, and guess what...no more 16 v readings,
but 12.7. Then, I cleaned all the contacts I could
find (the board behind the instruments, the
multi-prong snap connectors, and for good measure, i
jiggled the wires where they mount to the alternator
and some grounds.
No more flicker ! Checkbook mechanic method avoided.

thx
luke, San Mateo, CA
74 Spider, 82 GTV6 3.0, 95 164LS