Decommission follow-up

Well, first my thanks for everybody who's offered advice on my repair vs
retire dilemma involving my Milano.  Here's the situation now:

1) Leaking rear brake caliper.  The pads we at the end of their life, so
"just for grins" I replaced the rear pads.  The leak stopped.  I was
surprised, but for now the problem is solved (or at least delayed a while.)

2) Leaking steering rack.  There was fluid in one of the rack boots.  Once
the boot was replaced, we've been watching and no leakage for almost 200
miles.  If it is still leaking, the leak is small and can be ignored.

3) Oil consumption.  Oil pressure is still normal, so at the advice of my
more mechanically-inclined friends I'll just buy more oil <g>.  The "knock"
in the engine is a sign of wear, but not excessive.  I'm trying to convince
my wife to give me a compression tester for my birthday <g>.

So for now, SnowHawk is back on duty.  Thanks again!

Howard K. Warren, Little Rock, AR
1988 Milano Platinum, "SnowHawk", 164k miles
1991 164L, "Peregrine", 63k miles
1984 GTV-6, "Falconi", 133k miles