RE: Taking the PO Cake Award

> From: "Robert J. Favali"
>
> my rear sway bar is not connected to the link rod at the upper end -
> Driver's side. Not only is it not connected but the link rod is bent
> so if I attempt to connect it, it bends my rear brake cable. Really
> bent ... almost at a 40 degree angle.
>
> Hmmm ... the Previous Owner strikes again!
>
> Off to IAP website to find a replacment but the picture (#33514)
> looks nothing like my part.

Hello Robert,

That's because IAP Part #33514 is an end link for the *front* sway bar (on
1986+ Spiders). The rear end links do not normally require replacement (the
bushings are serviceable), therefore IAP won't carry them. You'll need to go
to a company like AR Ricambi [http://www.arricambi.com/]; they can probably
order the item from Italy for you. Or you could try to locate a used one
from a dismantler.

Btw, before you condemn the prior owner, you may want to take a closer look
at the upper bushing on the bad link. The rubber bushing might have failed,
causing the sway bar to pull loose from the end link. As for the 40 degree
angle, once the end link was on its own, a good bump could have bent it.

Regards,

Michael Liu
San Francisco, CA
'90 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce