164 Cylinder head

I am thinking about trading in my 164 TwinSpark for a 1990 Lusso automatic,
the car has 120,000 miles, 5 owners (!), it drives ok, and has all the
options my TS does not i.e. air-con, electric leather seats.

The problem is there is oil in the coolant tank.  My local dealer is quoting
1000 GBP to replace the head gasket.  Is this really THAT big a job?  Problem
is:  the car is sold as seen, but its for sale at 1250 GBP.  What are the
problems with a ten year old car with this kind of mileage?  My TS has
155,000 on the clock and I have just spent a lot of money on the suspension.

I guess my questions are these.  Is the cylinder head problem worth leaving
the car for someone else and could it signify bigger problems to come?  Or
should I keep my TS.  The V6 car has been resprayed recently and there are
signs that the dashboard has been removed.  But there are no invoices for
such work - there is for everything else.  The car has been HPI'ed and this
says its had not been involved in an accident, written off and no money is
owed on it.  My heart says yes but my brain says "money pit".

Steve
164 TS
Cumbria UK