3.0L Fuel Injection Question - Milano Verde

There is a valve/cavity/sensor at the junction of where the 2 fuel runners
that feed the injectors come together, on the front of the engine, forward of
the injectors,  just near the timing belt cover.  Out of the top of that
device is a fuel hose, which feeds a metal fuel line that heads back under
the engine bay.

With the ignition key on (engine not running), I heard some
'hissing/sputtering' coming from this device and tried to find out what was
causing it - I splashed soapy water around it but could see nothing.  I
removed the fuel hose from the top of it and checked for all the usual
suspects.  I could find nothing wrong; except the 'hissing/sputtering'.

Can anybody tell me what might be causing this noise and what might be going
on that I should check for ?  I recently had a battle with bad gas (water in
it) and had serious stumbling and stalling problems.  Is there an easy way to
flush these lines or should I even be concerned about it ?  Anybody with any
guesses on what might be going on inside that device ?

Thanks much.

Dave Westphal