re: Recaro fabric

A couple of days ago, Ed Parise of VA, USA asked,

I have a Milano 3.0 with the standard Recaro seats. Driver seat needs some
attention. Called Recaro of N/A and asked the usual questions and was
informed that that was a OEM Recaro of Germany deal with Alfa. No help.
Does anyone know where the original material is available or repair itself
might be had?

My respose would be to try a reputable uphoslstery shop.  I had a VW GTI many
moons ago, which allegedly had Recaro seats.  The fabric was not terribly
durable, and had torn in several places after only a couple of years (bummer).
 The shop I went to got the same material, same color, same design
(semi-flashy stripes in black, blue and red).  Whether it was "factory" or
not, I don't know, but it was impossible to tell from original.

This was all quite a few years ago, now.  Things can always change, but it may
be worth a try.
My tuppence.

Jay Negrin
ARO Southern California