164 Electrical Trouble, Headlight Problem

After five years between Alfas, I'm back in the fold again, with a 164 Green
Cloverleaf (European Spec). I've had it precisely one week, and the gremlins
have zero'd in on me already. You guesed it, electrical trouble.

Simply put, the left hand (from the drivers seat) dipped headlight is dead.
I checked the bulb, obviously dud. I changed the bulb, still no
illumination.

I checked the fuse under the dash-board, no problem. Time to get the volt
meter out. There is continuity through the bulb in the holder, so the bulb
looks OK. There is continuity from the earth on the dipped h/l to the earth
on the main h/l, so I figure the earth is OK. I cannot register any current
at the positive side of the bulb, so the problem must be between the bulb
and the switch somewhere, correct?

I have not changed the relay under the dash, could this show this sort of
fault? The right hand bulb illuminates OK, I don't know if the relay
switches each h/l independantly.

Unfortunately, I don't have a wiring diagram as yet.

Anyone out there with a bright idea?

All help appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,

Ciao,