Re: Door plastic for 105 GTV

> Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 10:04:46 +0800
> From: "Mark Battley" <m.battley@domain.elided>
> Subject: Door plastic for 105 GTV
>
> My GTV doesn't have the usual layer of plastic behind the door trim panels.

It probably did originally.

> Is this supposed to be one sheet that covers the whole door behind the trim
> panel, small sheets to cover each aperture, or a more complicated shape sheet
> that starts off between the trim panel and the door, then gets tucked into the
> lower holes in the door? Usually it's better if the bottom edge of the plastic
> tucks into the hole to direct any water back in.

The sheet is, as you surmise, a single one.  It is glued to the hidden surface
of the panel as close to the edge as one can get without masking the fasteners
at the edge or showing when the panel is installed.  There should be exactly
two holes in the sheet:  one for the window regulator shaft and one for the
door opener shaft.

> And will it go faster with modern plastic?

The car?  Probably not.  But the plastic should last a lot longer and the door
panel won't get wet and crumble into a bag of sawdust.

> Thanks,
>
> Mark Battley
> Auckland, NZ
>
> 1974 2000 GT Veloce