Spider Motor Mount Question

I replaced the driver's side motor mount on my '88 Spider back in Feb. or
March, and never got around to replacing the passenger side motor mount
until yesterday because -- well, because it's a big pain in the backside.
But I've spent the last couple of days tearing the engine apart to replace
the head gasket, and finally got around to changing the passenger side mount
because, at last, I had access to the mount area with the intake plumbing
removed. Now, however, I note with some consternation that the passenger
side of the motor rides up higher than the driver's side. (Used the Spruell
heavy duty mounts on both sides). Is this normal? Isn't the engine supposed
to sit level in the bay? Could 7-8 months between mount changes make that
much of a difference? Any advice welcomed (and abuse tolerated).

Joe Fillip
Swarthmore, PA
'88 Graduate
'85 GTV-6