Re: F1 bar in NYC?

>From: Frank <fca@domain.elided>
>Subject: F1 bar in NYC?
>
>I'll be in Manhattan this weekend and wonder if anyone knows of a sports
>bar (or any public place) I might be able to see the Japanese Grand Prix
>Saturday night.  I'll be staying at The Park Central hotel - 870 7th
>Ave. at 56th St.

Call the hotel and check if their cable system carries Speedvision or Fox Sports
Net.  Those two channels should be carrying the GP live at 3 AM ET.
If they don't, give 'em some grief before heading out to a sports bar.  Which is
what I'll have to do as our AT&T/TCI in the Bay Area carries FSN but somehow
thinks it's in its commercial interest to show infomercials instead of the live
race and then show the race on tape delay at 11 AM on Sunday.  I will probably
be at Durty Nelly's in SF if anybody's interested.  Alfa content - is the
Selespeed a trickle down of the Ferrari F1 program or an independent development
?

Carlo Cardilli