Timing specs for carburetor conversion.

Listers,

I recently converted a 1976 Spider from fuel injection to twin side draft 40 mm
Del 'Ortos.  I haven't been able to locate any good tuning/timing specs in my
literature.  But, in looking over the various spec sheets for timing info, I
noticed the fuel injected cars typically run the ignition timing 5 to 7 degrees
AFTER TDC and the Carb'ed cars run 2-5 degrees BEFORE TDC.  Does anyone have
experience with this conversion and can you provide me with guidance on the
timing specs.

Any and all help welcome.

Bob