Threadedness

As much as I enjoy Scott Fisher's writing, I must enter the fray with my
own distant memory of "PBCO" (Previous British Car Ownership).

My first ride was a 1969 "BRGreen" MGB-GT with the same "knock-offs"
(re: no "knocks" to "off": you need the special wrench and the special
hammer). They all came off the same
way to my memory, regardless of where you were "knocking-off".

I know this for many reasons, not the least of which was when my friend
Dave and I decided the wheels would look "more bitchin'" if they were
painted cream, which we did, and they did !

Since I graduated to Italian cars (but not motorcycles) in 1990, I
haven't had to deal with any of these thread problems but my long-term
memory is much better than my short-term ("why did I come in this room
?) so I think the threads on the MGs' were all the same.

As for the plastic behind the 105 door panels; it's sort of like saran
wrap and I would throw it away.

Best,
Tim
'74 GTV ("Alf")
'66 BSA A65s Spitfire Special MKII ("Crumpet")