Weber Jets on 1750 and other things

Hi all,

In the process of cleaning up / rebuilding the 40dcoe's on my 1750 engine, I
realised that at some time in the past, the often blamed for everything
Previous Owner has mismatched a 1600 jetted carburettor with the other 1750
one.  Imagine my surprise !

Anyway,  I'm chasing up the correct jets / tubes / venturi etc to match them
up, and wondered if anyone had any thoughts on what the -best-  sizes might
be for a stock 1750 engine.  Only changes I've made are Marelli electronic
ignition and increasing the valve overlap a little as per the Alfa Bible.
Running with Golden Lodges at the moment, but usually use NGK BP6ES's

I'm sure the Alfa Engineers over in Milano did a pretty fine job at the
beginning,   but I'm just curious.

Also,  any thoughts on other things I might check over / modify while I've
got the engine / gearbox  out ?  (I'm looking at lightening a few of the
gears to prolong the synchro life,  but apart from that. ...)

All suggestions welcome and appreciated.

Scott Murray.
Electronics Engineer
Melbourne, Oz.

1971 105 1750 GT Veloce