Re: Fix vs decommission and 164 burning oil

<<
Now, how's this for a clever rationalization that will allow you to have it
both ways: Keep the plat, but don't rebuild the engine.  Then, negotiate
with the dealer and buy the gold for the $3000 you don't spend fixing the
plat.  You can keep driving the platinum until it's flat worn out and after
that the gold should keep you going for another 10 years.
Dana Loomis

I agree with Dana or, perhaps you could buy the gold for $3000 and keep one
of your Alfas as a parts car. In case your automatic transmission (knock 3x)
fail or you need other parts. That would be $6000 for the current repairs (+
some $$$ for changing the engine, etc. in case you chose to drive your car)
and you still have an insurance for the future. If only you can get the
other Alfa for $3000.

Question:
My 164 is burning oil but the smoke puff appears only at about 4000 Rpm.
What should I check to diagnose the problem? The spark plugs from 4,5,6
cylinders are dirty too.

Janis
90' 164